The Preschool Program 3-6 years
The preschool program is designed to prepare children for primary school and provide them with a strong foundation for future learning. The program focuses on developing children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical skills, and encourages them to become active and engaged learners.
The Montessori approach is a valuable addition to the preschool program, as it provides children with a unique learning environment that emphasizes independence, exploration, and self-directed learning. The prepared environment and Montessori materials provide children with a hands-on learning experience that encourages them to develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
In addition, the mixed-age learning environment of the Montessori approach provides children with opportunities to learn from and interact with peers of different ages, which fosters social development and the development of communication and interpersonal skills.
By integrating Montessori principles into the preschool program, children are given the opportunity to learn in a personalized and engaging environment that promotes their holistic development. They are encouraged to follow their interests and learn at their own pace, which can lead to a lifelong love of learning.
Goals for the learning and development of three years old Kindergarten
- Develop social skills such as sharing, cooperation, and communication
- Foster emotional regulation and self-awareness
- Encourage exploration and curiosity through play
- Introduce basic academic concepts such as literacy and numeracy through hands-on experiences
- Develop fine and gross motor skills through various activities and exercises
- Cultivate creativity and imagination through art, music, and movement
- Promote independence and self-help skills such as dressing and toileting
- Encourage environmental awareness and a love for nature through outdoor play and exploration.
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills through open-ended activities and inquiry-based learning
- Foster a love for learning and a positive attitude towards education.
Funded Kindergarten Program
The three and four-year-old kindergarten program comes under the pre school program and is an important stepping stone for children transitioning to primary school. Our program runs for 15 hours per week for and is delivered by VIT qualified Early Childhood Teachers.
It aligns with the guidelines of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development (VEYLD) framework, which prioritizes the social, emotional, and cognitive development of children.
Through the program, our young learners develop foundational skills in reading, writing, mathematics, and problem-solving. They are engaged through a range of experiences and activities that promote curiosity, exploration, and exposure to new ideas. Our approach also places emphasis on developing interpersonal and communication skills, fostering positive self-esteem and identity formation.
At Montessori Minds Childcare and Kindergarten, we recognize the importance of providing a supportive and engaging learning environment that empowers children to learn and grow at their own pace.
Through the four-year-old kindergarten program, we aim to instil a love for learning that will carry our students through their educational journey and beyond.
Goals for the learning and development Kindergarten
- Developing social and emotional skills
- Preparing for transition to primary school
- school readiness program like emphasising correct pencil grip, hand writing, understanding of new topics and subjects
- Opportunities to develop and practice reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Encouraging problem-solving and decision making skills
- Promoting curiosity and exploration
- Exposing children to new ideas and experiences
- Emphasizing interpersonal and communication skills to be able to have confident in conversations and conveying their ideas
- Building positive self-esteem.
School Readiness Program
Transition to a primary school is a big step in a child’s life. At MM, we take a progressive approach for supporting children emotionally, socially and cognitively. In their final year of kindergarten, children focus on the activities that promote academic competencies and social skills for smoother adjustment to a primary school environment.
Children are introduced to more group activities to learning to collaborate. They are also exposed to diverse learning environment and conditions to be more independent with social emotional regulations strengthening their foundation for wellbeing.
- To create and work in an environment of respect and trust
- Collaboration with others is fundamental
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and feelings
- Develop order and organisation skills
- Demonstrates independence and responsibility
- Is capable of listening, following instructions and responding
- Being a part of the class community