Connecting Montessori and the Australian Government's Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Montessori education supports the development of a strong sense of identity in children through the provision of freedom, independence, and choice.
- Montessori education also encourages children to develop a strong sense of connectedness and contribution to the world by nurturing real-life skills, promoting an appreciation for diversity, and developing strong social skills.
- The Montessori framework also focuses on developing children’s sense of wellbeing and strong academic foundations.
- Montessori education encourages confident and involved learning in children by creating a Prepared Environment that empowers children to direct their own learning through freedom of movement and choice.
- Montessori education fosters the development of effective communication, grace and courtesy, literacy, and social skills, which are essential for children to become effective communicators.